Thursday, April 28, 2016

Honoring The Easy

I thought about not blogging tonight, because really, what is there to say about a day where all you did was ride easy? But then I saw this tweet and thought I should change my tune. Give the easy days the credit where credit is due! :)

I spent much of the day working today. I took a few breaks here and there to do some glute and core work... My routine for a lot of the glute stuff these days is to do it as part of my morning dog walk (or jog). Incorporating it into those walks makes it pretty much guaranteed to get done b/c the dog gets walked every day. I'm up to 8x unassisted pistols each leg now(!) and can hold some of the isometric holds for a full minute (ones that used to leave me shaking after 20-30 seconds), so seeing that improvement is cool and motivating. My hips definitely feel more stable now than they have in a long time. I had a bit of hip pain (same as before) today b/c apparently 3 runs in 2 days was a bit of a push but the exercises and the rolling and the stretching all seem to have worked b/c it feels better tonight than it did this morning. I'm on the fence about whether or not to run tomorrow. Maybe just a dog jog. Poor Maia is in desperate need of being worn out. She's come to hate it when I get my bike out, which means she's in for a depressing weekend.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I took my road bike out for ~90min easy this afternoon. Legs felt like they were filled with concrete for the first 30min or so then got better and by the end I felt quite solid and had to consciously hold myself back... Honoring the easy day. It's easier for me to do easy these days than it was a few years ago. I think I have a higher appreciation for easy than I used to. Maybe because I am 42. ;) No really, I'm so good at easy these days I don't even need a leash. Not even for running!

Check out my new bar tape! Pretty cool to customize your bike like this... It's the Coeur Sports logo Heart and Courage... I'm so fancy!

No comments: