Monday, July 14, 2008

BabyMoon Part II (With pictures!)

Wow! What an awesome weekend Scott and I had! Kauai is such an amazing place... full of natural beauty and wonder... and we made the most of our time there! You know you're staying at a great place when driving directions include, "Turn onto the unpaved road..."


Here is our cute cute cute dwelling for the weekend (The Coconut Hut at Anini Beach)...
Complete with a relaxing hot tub...



On Saturday we hiked the first 2 miles of the Na Pali Coast trail to Hanakapi'ai. Baby's first trail hike! I think I was the only preggo woman on the trail?Scenery was stunning and we thoroughly enjoyed it all. :)



Hanakapi'ai is a secluded beach 2 miles into the trail. Only access is by foot or by boat/kayak. Kauai is known for its dangerous surf and currents. There are warnings about many of the beaches, this one is no exception.

So guess what my husband did as soon as we got there?


A trip to Kauai wouldn't be complete without jumping off the Hanalei Pier (with all the other 10 yr old kids)... so guess what my husband did?

This is a cool video from Hanalei. Watch these girls surf... and turn up the volume so you can hear their dads cheering as they go! I can totally see this in our future. How cool to grow up in Hawaii...

And check out this crazy local family playing in these VERY dangerous waters... It was a father and his 3 teenage kids (the father is the one who dives in). Scott and I watched in awe. I don't think we'll teach our kids to do this!!

It wasn't all adventure though... we did take some time to relax and just enjoy the simple things in life! :)

Can't wait to go back to Kauai... :)

1 comment:

hatfields-in-hawaii said...

Looks like you two (or should I say three :-) thoroughly enjoyed yourselves!