Friday, August 8, 2008

Mama Simmons

Thank goodness for swimming! Swimming must have been made for pregnant women. It feels so good to be in the water. It feels so good to have an exercise that I can do without feeling like I'm hurting myself or baby. It feels so good to get out of the house and get to the pool everyday. I'm starting to see some of the same people who are 'regulars' at the pool at noon, so it becomes social hour as well. :) (Have all those people also been laid off their jobs and that's why they're at the pool at noon? Probably not. Most of 'em have gray hair and I would guess that they've been retired for years. Yep, me and the retirees having a party and swimmin' at noon.)

And now it's even more fun! I ordered this Splish custom suit a few weeks ago and have started wearing it this week. I like it! I was afraid that it night not fit- I've been wearing a 2 piece most of the time, but was starting to feel funny about that b/c my belly is getting so big... but also felt funny in my regular swim suits b/c they weren't fitting so well anymore... I ordered this one a size bigger than I would normally order, and these suits run a little big anyway, and it also seems to stretch (A LOT)... so my belly fits in it. For now anyway.

I'm going to participate in a 2.3 mile ocean swim race tomorrow on the north shore. For me, it's a 2.3 mile ocean swim event. I suppose others will be racing. I'll just be participating. :) But I'll be glad to be out there. I love swimming on the north shore in the summer...

3 comments:

Kate Parker said...

Very cute! I ordered the same thing for my pregnancy...although mine was bright pink with "future triathlete" on the front and a hamburger on the butt.

Splish suits are awesome.

Good luck in the race...um, event!

hatfields-in-hawaii said...

So Cute!! I might have to make one too :-)

Allison Chapple said...

Cute suit! Splish ones don't have enough support for my boobs for some reason...