Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday Matrix

Pool water was a bit cooler this morning which was a relief! I hadn't picked out a main set before warming up because I didn't want to force myself to work really hard if it felt like a hot tub. It didn't, and warming up I felt pretty good (8:00/7:46) so I decided on a solid main set. We haven't done a lot of repeat 100's recently so that's what we did today. 27x100's Matrix style done like this:

1/1/1
2/2/2
3/3/3
2/2/2
1/1/1

Send offs were 1:40/1:35/1:30 (using paddles). It was a great set and I felt very much in control throughout the whole thing. I was holding 1:29-1:30 for the easy ones, 1:25-1:27 for the moderate ones, and 1:22-1:24 for the faster ones. Last one 1:21. It was just one of those swims where I felt like I had access to all my gears. It was satisfying.

I wasn't going to do any other training today, and I didn't really... but tonight while Moana was doing her Tri group training thing I had some free time so I took Maia for an easy jog. It was only like 20-25min (I didn't time it exactly) super relaxed trotting. I think my running tends to feel better when I do it more often. 20min super easy like I did this evening doesn't hurt me but I think it has potential to help me feel better. Normally I don't think I'd go out for only 20min but doing it with the dog made it easy! She was happy happy happy to go!

Moana was also stoked when she got done with her training. The kids got to ride on the Computrainers tonight and since her bike is like a little Barbie bike, she was put on a kids sized road bike on the trainer and she called that her "Dream Bike"... Yep, keep dreaming about that! Too funny though I asked her tonight if she learned how to shift gears and she said, "No but I learned how to make it easier to pedal!" Lol.

No comments: