Monday, July 25, 2016

Calm After The Storm

We had a massive storm last night. It was crazy! I've never in my life seen lightning like I saw last night. We live up high on a hill so I could sit on our lanai and just watch. I've never been mesmerized by a storm like that but I'm not kidding for prob 45min I was watching the lightning and every few minutes gasping and shrieking out loud at the massive bolts that appeared to be striking the ground like a mile from my house. After the biggest bolt I saw our whole town just went dark. Bye bye electricity... Total insanity! Wind was ripping down off the mountain and rain was coming down in buckets. I heard we got 14inches of rain and that sounds about right.

Anyway, as I was watching the storm last night I was thinking that it was prob cooling down our pool water (yay!) but that I bet the pump would malfunction (it always does when there's a big storm). So this morning I went to the pool but told Scott I'd probably be right back b/c it would likely not be open. Sure enough- pool closed- pump wasn't working! Apparently the pool just completely overflowed with water from all the rain. No worries I went home and got a bunch of work done. They managed to get the pump back up and functioning by mid-day so I went back and got my swim in by myself.

1000w/u easy 16:10
Main set all off 1:35 base with pads no extra rest between rounds. Descend 1-3 across each round.
3x400's @6:20 (6:01, 5:57, 5:54)
3x300's @4:45 (4:29, 4:27, 4:24
3x200's @3:10 (2:58, 2:56, 2:54)
300 easy c/d including some kicking on my side

Pretty standard 4k swim. I don't like to taper my swim too much before a race. This week I'm all about doing things that make me feel good/strong, and solid swims make me feel that way. I'll swim easy on Thursday and Friday though.


No comments: