Monday, September 15, 2008

Craigslist

You can get anything on Craigslist.

I think I knew that before, but I'm not in the habit of using the site so it didn't occur to me to check it out for baby stuff until a girlfriend (new mom!) of mine recommended it.

Duh.

I think we actually have most of what we need for baby. I mean, I'm sure there's more that we could have, but a lot of the important stuff has been given to us by friends and family already. And then some of it I'm just gonna wait to get until I know if we're having a boy/girl. I really don't need more white/yellow/green clothes for baby... ;)

But this weekend I picked up an infant 'play-gym', an infant bath tub, a vibrating bouncer, and one of those jumper things you hang in the doorway... all for a grand total of $20!

Funny how my definition of a successful weekend has changed! HA!

In case any of you are now going to check out Craigslist to get those valuable last minute things you didn't get at your shower, keep in mind that people are selling used burpcloths and bibs too... and I think I saw an ad for a 'reusable swim diaper' for $3. Woohoo. That one might actually be tough to get because I bet the demand is really high for a used diaper.

1 comment:

Clare said...

ha ha, i actually DID buy used cloth diapers on craigslist!! a little weird, but there's a HUGE market for them online cuz they are so expensive! i've also bought a crib and a few accessories. it's fun!