Monday, February 9, 2009

A Blade of Grass

Moana and I took a field trip into town today. We stopped by Whole Foods so I could get a salad for lunch and then we went and ate at this beach park.

This was Moana's view while she ate today. Talk about distracted. Who can eat when you're looking at this?

I was kicking myself for being such an irresponsible mother and not bringing a blanket for Moana to chill out on in the shade... but then it occurred to me... she's a kid. Kids love grass. Right? Right. She was mesmerized. Check it out. A blade of grass is way more interesting than a ceiling fan.


7 comments:

RunningMama said...

Love her cute little outfit! I am constantly kicking myself for forgetting some essential baby item! Hubby and I went on a walk in this park on Sunday and we forgot the baby bag and a blanket to keep him warm. I just wrapped my jacket around him and he was fine. But, I did have a brief moment of panic. Sometimes I think that babies are way more adaptable than we are!

Angela and David said...

Look at her little jean shorts! Too cute. I don't think I'll be putting Zach in the dead grass we have here anytime soon.

N.D. said...

adorable!!!

Angela said...

She's adorable. She'll be eating sand before you know it.

Speaking of forgetting things. Tim and I went to dinner with Brayden and I forgot the diaper bag. Brayden had a big ole stinky in the middle of dinner, so Tim went out to the car (I keep a stash of extra diapers/wipes in the console). He came back with a size 1 huggie diaper...Brayden fills out a size 3. So I used it, it was like a baby diaper speedo.

Aron said...

sooo cute! i wish i was laying on blades of grass in hawaii right now :)

X-Country2 said...

OMG, jean short!? How adorable are those!

Ordinarylife said...

She is so cute!