Thursday, November 27, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For... by Moana

My mom is always writing on this blog, but today I thought I'd take a turn and write about the things I'm thankful for! In no particular order...

My first month of life! Yep, I'm one month old today. I'm still just a little peanut at less than 9 lbs, but I eat as much as my little tummy can hold! The month has gone by pretty fast, but maybe that's because I've slept through much of it.

Bath Time! I just love the warm water being splashed all over me. Even on my face! In fact, some of my biggest protests come when mama takes me out of the tub.

BOB. He's my boyfriend. And mama always seems so happy when we're out in it together. I especially like it when we go fast! Although we really haven't gone that fast yet. I hope mama starts going faster soon.

Tummy Time! I'm learning to lift my head. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, you know, so as I get older I really like to be in motion a lot... being on my belly I get to move my arms and legs and try to scoot. I'm good at scooting.

My swing. Again, it's a movement thing. But it's also the music that plays when I'm swinging back and forth. Love that music even though I can't really see the mobile yet.

Clean diapers. This one is kind of a no-brainer, don't ya think? I will add, though, that I love love love my changing table. It's so relaxing to lay there and look around.

Breast milk. Part of my happiness here comes from being close to my mama. And it's so easy to fall asleep as soon as I'm done eating.

My mama. She smells good to me and I really like being close to her.

My dad. He kisses me and holds me each morning and evening, even when I'm having my fussy times. I like sleeping on his chest.

My grammy. She makes all sorts of interesting faces and noises at me, and holds me all the time too.

I've got a pretty good life!

9 comments:

Ordinarylife said...

Ahhh! so sweet.

Kellye Mills said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving!

N.D. said...

I can't believe she' s a month old!
That went so quickly. What a cute post!! She looks so pale next to your tan skin :) Adorable. Happy thanksgiving!

Angela and David said...

Happy one month! Seems she and Zach are thankful for lots of the same things. And is her hair red? So adorable.

Allison Chapple said...

Happy one month!

Is she really not even 9 pounds? Wow, I have a monster on my hands!

X-Country2 said...

Aww, that child has a lot of love in her life.

Alicia Parr said...

Cute pics! She's so teeny. We did the unscientific weigh in by me weighing myself holding Remy then without and he's around 17 lbs.

Mnowac said...

so pretty! What a cutie. I can't believe it's been a month!

Debs M-C said...

Now I can't wait!

Clare told me to check out your blog...as I'm trying to turn a breech baby. The more nice stories I ready, the less I panic :-)