Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Half A Year

Scott and I have been married for a half of a year now.

I know wedding anniversaries are typically measured in years, not months... but I think there's an exception in the first year when every month is a milestone. Except in our situation, where months seem to fly by so fast that we have missed every one so far... save for the 6 month... regardless, we finally remembered one and celebrated it!

They say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. Except for the first year of having a new baby. Nice that we are just killing two birds with one stone over here by combining the two hardest times into one, for simplicity sake (?). But if this is as hard as it gets, we're gonna be just fine. Because other than a bit of recent sleep-deprived-lack-of-patience (on my part more than my dear husband's), marriage has been nothing but awesome.

And clearly Scott is anticipating us making it through the next six months as well, because he brought me not six but twelve perfect red roses.

Nice that grammy is here to babysit Moana so Scott and I could go out to dinner. We returned the to scene of the crime... if you could call it that... or maybe just call it the restaurant where we had our first real date. I remember being so nervous for that date, though clearly it went well... so well in fact that a year and a half later we have a couple of wedding bands and a baby to prove it.

And further proof that my husband is always looking out for my comfort at 3:00 AM while our infant is demanding food, he brought home this to make it a little more bearable for me.

I think I'm addicted to my new massage padded rocking chair. It's an awesome shiatsu massage and I can add the 'heat' option to warm it up and get a deeper dig. I've used it so much in the last few days that my back muscles are actually sore. So now Moana thinks that I sit in the rocking chair feeding her at all hours of the night for her pleasure, when really it's my own selfish desires...

6 comments:

Kate Parker said...

Happy (Half)Anniversary! Glad you got a chance to get out and celebrate.

Chair looks NICE! I am jealous.

N.D. said...

That chair looks wonderful. THe picture of you 3 is gorgeous!!! So cute. Congrats on the anniversary and glad everything is going so well!

Angela and David said...

Happy Anniversary! I want a massage padded feeding chair although I have enough trouble staying awake while I feed Zach as it is.

Clare said...

i WANT that chair! major back uncomfortableness lately, i can't crack it or sleep for long on my stomach (i can rig up some pillows to make it possible for a short, sweet time). that chair would be AWESOME! enjoy it!

Alicia Parr said...

Love the chair! And the picture of the three of you is wonderful.

Oh, hey, here's the captcha I have to type to post this comment:

norest

Ha ha ha ha!!!

Allison Chapple said...

Happy 6 Months!