Friday, November 7, 2008

Cumulative Fatigue

The fatigue is catching up to me. I. Am. Really. Tired.

I think I got through the first 10 days on 1) Adrenaline and those happy I'm-Not-Pregnant-Anymore Hormones, 2) the fact that I have a very mellow and easy baby, and 3) my mom is here to do everything from grocery shopping to preparing dinner, cleaning the house, laundry, etc.

10 days later, the adrenaline is wearing off and this mama needs some sleep. The days all run together in a blur and I have a hard time remembering anything. A few months ago I remember Kate writing a blog about little things she did to help herself when Alice was a newborn... she mentioned having a ring that she would switch from hand to hand depending on which breast was up for feeding next. At the time, I remember thinking, "How hard could it be to remember that?"... HA! Now I know. Good thing I have a ring that fits both hands.

6 comments:

Angela and David said...

I hear ya. I'm not sure when it gets easier but that day when I get to sleep for 8 hours is going to be awesome.

Allison Chapple said...

Sending good sleep vibes to Moana. It's all exhausting, isn't it?

BreeWee said...

YAY! I am so happy for you, just caught up on your blog and had to read about your little Moana! Enjoy your sleep, when you get it, and thanks for blogging the new life as a mom, it brings back the BEST memories (I only say that now that it is over... ha ha ha) but it does FLY by so enjoy it all!

N.D. said...

I bet you are tired - it is great your mom is around! : ) I can't really imagine yet. I hope that you get some rest!

Audrey said...

My recommendation is to go to bed early. If the baby falls asleep at 8pm go to bed at 8pm or soon thereafter. As soon as I stopped trying to stay up later with the adults and started going to bed at 9 right after Everett fell asleep I felt so much better about getting up every 2 or 3 hours all night long. I've even started prepping things I know I'll need to put him to bed or during the night for feedings ahead of time so I can jump into the bed asap when he falls asleep.

Kate Parker said...

I am STILL doing my patented ring trick @ 3.5 months....not sure I can blame it on lack of sleep anymore though. Just really forgetful apparently!