Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lunch At The Beach

Another big swell hit the north shore today so mom and I decided to take Moana up and check out the surfers at Sunset Beach.

I love the road that goes up to the North Shore from my house. It's been my staple Saturday ride for the past several years since I've lived here. While driving up and back today I had all sorts of flashbacks and visions of training on these roads with some of my friends. It gave me butterflies in my stomach because I know I'm pretty darn close to reliving those days here shortly!

It was indeed a big day for waves, and super fun to watch for a while. There are a bunch of pro surfers in town because the surfing competitions are starting. This gal didn't have such good luck today.

It felt good to get out of the house. Taking care of a baby who eats like she has a tapeworm, sleeps like she's addicted to ambien, and poops with the best of them can get monotonous, so days at the beach here and there seem like a good way to break it up.

We hung out under a shade tree and had lunch. It was a tough day.

4 comments:

N.D. said...

do you know how jealous I am right now? That looks like sooo much fun!!!

X-Country2 said...

Nebraska sucks.

Just kidding. That little baby is adorable!

Anonymous said...

yeah, jason left the house early to head to the north shore this morning before work. he dented his brand new board with his shoulder/back, but luckily didn't break his board or himself!

Ellen said...

i am soooo jealous..no water or greenery here at all!
moana has grown so much in just a few weeks!