Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Streamlined

All is right in the world.

Mama got to go for a swim today. :)

It was a long night last night. Moana is increasingly finding 'wake time' to be preferential to sleep, and unfortunately last night she thought that 2:00-4:30 AM was a good time to be awake and check out her new world. Mama thinks a better time would be during daylight hours but that's hard to enforce on a 9 day old infant.

Good thing my mom is still here. After our 7 AM feeding, she took over and I got to sleep until 10. And in between the morning and lunchtime feedings, I snuck off to the pool.

The lifeguards were shocked to see me. What are you doing here? Duh... Regaining my sanity. 2000 blissful longcourse meters where I could do flipturns and feel streamlined off the wall. Ahhhh....

I can envision making the late morning swim a habit while my mom is here to watch Moana. One thing I'll have to be more conscientious about is getting a better shower after getting out of the water. We found out today that chlorinated breasts are not Moana's first choice for lunch. Fair enough. I probably wouldn't like that either.

3 comments:

Mnowac said...

Good for you!!! You are doing so great, keep it up.

Angela and David said...

Zach doesn't like chlorinated boobs either but he doesn't mind sweaty boobs - go figure. Great job getting back in the pool so quickly.

N.D. said...

Oh I can't imagine the nasty chlorine - that is great you got out for a swim!!! : ) Nice job! I bet it felt so good to be partially normal!!