Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Climbing Hills On A Tuesday

Usually riding my bike during the week involves my bike trainer and a Tivo'd version of The Biggest Loser... all strategically planned around a baby's naptime. But not today!!

Since Grammy is still here, I got to go outside. And climb some hills. On my road bike. Man, I totally forgot how much I love doing that.

I went to this hill and did repeats up and down for an hour. It was awesome.

I can't say exactly where all my motivation is coming from, but I feel like I'm on fire right now. Jen sends me my workouts and I yelp outloud with glee (seriously, outloud) when I see something that's supposed to be HARD.

Tomorrow we get to try again to make 100's in the pool on an interval we've never made before. I think we're gonna make 'em tomorrow. Then Thursday is something insane on the track. I'll admit, I was all psyched when I first read the workout... of course, the more I think about it, the more it's occurred to me that wow... it might be really hard to go that fast for that long... but I still can't wait to try!

Too bad I can't bottle up this motivation. I know these feelings don't hang around like this year round, so I'm trying to soak 'em all up right now. 4 1/2 weeks til Honu. BRING IT!!

11 comments:

Natalie D said...

That's awesome! you are motivating!!

Rebecca DeWire said...

Sounds like you love having coach! I too love that feeling of super motivation and eagerness to take on the hard workouts; but yes, at times it does fade.

Sara said...

Yay for Grammie! Is that Auloa? I love that climb!

Kate Parker said...

I am feeling the same way! I think it has a lot to do with our forced time off all last year and being SO happy to be back and able to do the hard stuff. (At least for me.)

You're going to KILL IT in 4 weeks!

X-Country2 said...

It's spring! Such a motivation. :o)

Allison Chapple said...

Can I have a taste of what you're drinking? WOW, you're amazing!

Angela and David said...

I was thinking the same thing - I'm not sure I'll always be this motivated so I need to take advantage of it.

And jealous of your hill repeats. I spent the morning indoors on the computrainer.

Marit C-L said...

Hey - WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO to keep that motivation - DO IT! That's great about the hill repeats... :) VERY nice! You'll be SO strong for your race, I just know it! :) Enjoy the training ( I know you already are!)

GetBackJoJo said...

Hey! I did hill repeats yesterday too! Do we by any chance have the SAME coach???
(I think we might.)
Anwyway, it was hotter than hell here yesterday--in the high 90s. Kinda like Hawaii is everyday, I bet! But I still loved my repeats too....

You're motivation won't go away b/c you have a baby now. I'm telling you--. And with every baby you have you'll get more motivated and more desperate! haha!

Beth said...

You ARE on fire right now! Every time I come to your blog I leave with a smile. :) THANKS! It's great to see you training so well and strong and enjoying it all. I hope the swim went well today and I KNOW you made that interval... ;)

Charisa said...

You're going to rock honu! :)