Thursday, January 14, 2016

Upswing

Finally I feel like I'm really on an upswing. Not 100% healthy yet but I woke up this morning and my headache was only maybe a 4 on a scale of 1-10 (yesterday I would have called it an 8). Two aspirin and a cup of coffee took care of that. My cough is still there which is annoying, and I'm not at the point where I can comfortably take a full deep breath, but my energy levels are better and I don't feel as winded at the top of a flight of stairs as I did the last few days.

I have to say, I think that oil of oregano stuff is the magic. I figured out how to take it- I empty out the powder from a supplement capsule I don't take/care about and put 4 drops of the oil in the capsule, then swallow the capsule with a ton of water. I can still feel the heat of the oil in my stomach and sometimes it comes up into my throat but it's nothing like swallowing it the way I did the first time. That stuff is truly like poison and I think it could/would kill just about any virus/bacteria/fungus in it's path, so I'll keep that tidbit tucked away for next time I start to feel any sense of being unwell. I made a capsule for Scott too- just in case. It would suck if he ended up sick this weekend while we are in Maui!

I did the exact same run this morning as yesterday morning... same route, same HR MAF-5, but pace was ~1'/mile faster than yesterday. Progress! I swear I've never been so happy to run 10:30 pace. Lol. I think there's a possibility that in another 48 hours I'll feel almost completely normal. So then running a marathon the question would be, How much fitness does one lose when holed up for a week with the flu? I guess I'll find out. I haven't really written out my year long goals here on this blog yet, but achieving my 2016 goal pretty much requires this marathon finish, so if it's at all possible for me to finish, I will finish, even if I have to walk a ton of it. In good news, it's point to point and we will have champagne at the finish, so there's no real "out" once we get going. Relentless forward progress will land me at the finish line.

So we're off to Maui tomorrow. I'm partly packed but still have a ton of stuff to do before we go, including dropping Maia off at the dog sitters and I'm not looking forward to that. I'm sure she will be fine but I've been telling her all week that I'll be back... I don't want her to think I'm abandoning her! I am looking forward to a fun weekend though with friends and family. Heidi, Nalani, and Kendra are all running the marathon (and none of us are at our physical best at the moment) so I think we can all go into it with a "fun" outlook and just enjoy a morning running along the ocean looking for whales!


2 comments:

Steve said...

What I said previously about your goals was about your marathon not the whole year. Worried you misunderstood that. :)

Since your doing it best of luck. Sounds like you have no intention of killing yourself out there too

Cya. :)

Christine said...

Oh yeah... oil of oregano with peppermint. That shit will cure anything and tastes like death in a dropper!