Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just When It Started To Feel Lighter...

It's been sunny the last few days and I'd say that my mood had lifted... but then I heard the news today about the brutal attack on 2 Lululemon employees in Virginia... the gal that was murdered was the beautiful 30yo sister of an ex-boyfriend of mine... he was the guy who got me started into the sport of triathlon 16+ years ago... when we met at a masters swim workout when I was in college at ASU... and I thought he was too hot to even talk to... and then one of our first conversations went something like, "Hey you're athletic, let's get you a bike!" He was the one who taught me how to change a flat tire and that I had to actually eat something on a 3+ hour ride... we are still friends so to say this news about his sister hit home is an understatement. I am just sick to my stomach for Hugh and his family. Jayna was an amazing girl and this is the most senseless thing I can imagine. Sick. I'm just sick. What is wrong with people??

15 comments:

Molly said...

I am so sorry :( I've been following this story through the various Lululemon pages, it's even worse now that it's someone you know.

Beth said...

:( I had read about this happening. So sad. Like you said, just don't understand what is wrong with people.

Anonymous said...

oh, how awful! That is so senseless and tragic. And yes, even worse when it hits close to home. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Teresa said...

Unbelievable....;(

So angry, so sad....

xoxo

tn

Jennifer Harrison said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! That is horrific. I am so sorry and what a tragedy for the family and everyone. I just don't get all of this horrible stuff either. :(

Aimee said...

That is just so sad! I don't understand what is wrong with people either.

Angela and David said...

I had no idea about your connection. I read that story yesterday in the Washington Post and it just crushed me because both women seemed like the kind of women we all know and love and respect so much. There really are horrible people in the world and this story and a few others and then everything going on in Japan just keeps my mind going at night. I don't understand this world sometimes. I am so sorry for your friend's terrible loss. Everything I've read about Jayna indicated she was simply amazing.

justme said...

that is so sad. senseless there is evil out there.

cherelli said...

That is so terribly tragic; that along with other mindless crimes this just makes me want to pack up and go be a hermit away from the evils of the world, I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss of his sister.

Kathy said...

This story is indeed terrifying. I am so sorry for your loss. Living in the general area, I can't even comprehend this one.

Unknown said...

Michelle,

Thank you so much! I just got back from Iraq yesterday and wanted to either call or email. I want you to know that Jayna loved reading your blog. She would often provide me updates. :) She also loved and thought Moana was such a cute girl. Please pass along her story. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/In-Memory-of-Jayna-Murray/195737860457806

Love,
Hugh

GoBigGreen said...

That is just awful. I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY Awful. So sad.

elizabeth said...

Ugh, I know it seems like everyday there is something horrible happening. I can't believe it either and I am SO sorry for your friends loss. That one hit home for me (they all are though; Japan, Christchurch, Sally, etc...) as well since I was a Lululemon employee - absolutely horrific!

Jennifer P said...

How awful for you and the family. It has been a crummy week around the world indeed.

Regina said...

I hadn't heard about this. This is horrible! I'm so sorry for your friends family. I wonder to myself often, like you, when I hear things like this, what is wrong with people?