Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Entertainment

So sad I didn't get to go over to the Big Island this weekend for Lavaman... that's a really fun race and I would love to get to do it again, but it's just not feasible for me right now. Can't swing the $$$ for the travel and time away from the family just doesn't make it worth it. Such is life.

BUT, I made the most of my weekend and put in some great solid solo training (since most of my teammates and training partners were racing and partying on the Big Island). It was crazy windy yesterday and while I definitely missed having a body on a bike in front of me to block the wind, the opportunity to push through it on my own was quite valuable. And today I had my longest run in, um, can't even remember? I ran 13 miles! It's possible that was my longest run since Ironman so I was psyched to finish it with both feet still able to come off the ground. Yay for small favors. :)

I walked in the door this morning from my run and found Moana dancing around the kitchen, which is not new... but the fact that she was doing it while wearing nothing but a diaper and her boots... well, that was new. It's always fun to see what she gets up to when her daddy is in charge. Wanna see?


In other news, we finally got all set up on Skype! Can you believe it took us so long? I think I've always just had a real fear of webcams so I did not want one in the house. But it turns out that the video calls are a great way for Grammy and Moana to communicate since we live so far away! My mom is awesome- she went to the local library and checked out a bunch of big puppets to keep Moana entertained while we Skype. Moana was very intrigued! So it turned out to be quite an entertaining Sunday.

11 comments:

jessica said...

she "checked out" puppets? What a super Grandma!

Rebecca DeWire said...

Yay for Skype! We Skype every weekend with Scott's parents and I think it helps a lot! The grandparents get their Elena fix and Elena really gets to know their faces and voices.

Running and living said...

Love skype! The video is hilarious!

Billie said...

I keep wishing my parents would just pay the money for high speed internet so we could skype (they live in the middle of nowhere and have dialup but could pay for a satellite service). But i guess it is their money so whatever :-). Your mom is awesome for getting the puppets!

And I laughed so hard watching the video. She's too cute!

cherelli said...

Ha- Moana is so funny, rockin' it out on her own :) I love Skype; we use it to call our parents back in Oz - and we've even used it when travelling with the laptop - dirt cheap!

Angela and David said...

Love skype. We do it with David's parents all the time.

Moana has some serious moves. And seeing her skinny little legs and a diaper without a giant belly hanging over it makes me realize what a chubster Zach is.

Katie A. said...

I love our skype! And what a neat Grammy for thinking of the puppets! Great job on the run, whoo hoo!

Lizzie said...

I love, love, love Skype!!! I can chat to my parents and friends every week and within the last couple of years the quality has improved greatly. How fun that your mum can now see Moana a little more often (though I still say not as good as in person, but can't complain!). My great aunt and uncle are in their seventies and eighties and they Skype! Moana dances like my husband - it's all about the arms! :)

naisqu said...

Moana needs to patent that move!

RunningMama said...

Moana is so freaking cute! Yeah for your first 13 miles since 2009!

Regina said...

You have quite the fashionista on your hands. Too funny!

We don't have skype, but we do ichat with my sis in CA and my parents upstate. It's such a nice thing to have.