Monday, August 15, 2016

To Blog or Not To Blog...

I go back and forth about blogging these days. Like should I keep blogging my training or no? What I'm doing right now doesn't even really feel like "training"... It's very haphazard just whatever I feel like on the day with a focus on swimming because I have 3 ocean swim races coming up this fall (4k, 5k, 7k). My hip and all the surrounding muscles are still "angry" so I have not been running at all, though I need to get that fixed ASAP b/c I agreed to be on a Ragnar team running the first Ragnar relay on the Big Island in October (more on this maybe in another blog!) I've been riding a bit but all road bike just super relaxed/cruisy effort just because I like riding my bike and don't know what to do with myself when I can't run.

Anyway, swam at lunch today in a different pool from my regular pool (regular pool is closed for repairs for a few weeks). Water was HOT and I cooked myself for sure. Got in a solid 5k that started with 2 x 1000m swims both of which were way faster than they felt like they should have been based on my effort (15:35/15:10). For a while I just thought that pool was just faster than my regular pool, and maybe it is by a bit, but when I got to the main set of 200's I def started to swim a more 'normal' pace for the effort and toward the end felt terribly nauseous and sick. Working hard in 84 degree water for 90min will do that to you. The last of my notes from TP today...
Anyway, there you have it. So exciting, no?

No comments: